Message while processing page.

chints

Hi,
I have a very unique problem, i am submitting from a pdf
form, when submitted goes to a asp page, which saves the
data and redirects to a different page after saving the
data. I am writing a message called 'Processing Form
please wait' in the page where it is saving the data and
doing a response.flush(and i also di response.buffer
=true) but still it seems like it never hits this page.
When the user submits the form, it just stays on the pdf
file for a good 10-15 seconds and redirects to the last
page(after saving data). Can you please tell me whats
going wrong here. thanks in advance.

~Chints

Robert May

Chints,

What you are doing will not work in the manner that you are attempting to do
it. :)

Response.Redirect won't let you redirect if content has been written out to
the client, since it depends on the header of the page to cause a redirect.

Instead, insert a META tag into the page that causes the page to refresh
every five seconds or so. On each refresh, have it check to see if the
information has finished processing, if it has, then it redirects, if it
hasn't, then it finishes loading and outputs the Please Wait stuff.

You'll need to do your processing somewhere besides in the please wait page.

Another alternative would be to put a please wait message that you displayed
using Javascript on the page where they submit from.

Robert