Metadata information for image and audio files

Discussion in 'C++' started by Karthik, Oct 28, 2006.

  1. Karthik

    Karthik Guest

    Hi,

    I have been using GDI+ and Windows Media SDK to get the metadata
    information for image and audio files respectively.

    Just incase if someone is not clear as to what I mean by metadata
    information, its the information regarding the image or audio files
    like., height and width for the image.,. Title, artist, author etc for
    the audio files.

    Now that I need to port my code to Linux, I would like to know if there
    is/are any c++ library that would work both in linux and windows???

    I found few libraries similar to GDI+ and WMSDK for linux like TagLib.
    But I would like to have one single library that will work on both the
    platform. I dont mind if I have to use separate libraries for image and
    audio files.

    Thanks in Advance.
    Karthik.
    Karthik, Oct 28, 2006

  2. Karthik wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been using GDI+ and Windows Media SDK to get the metadata
    > information for image and audio files respectively.
    >
    > Just incase if someone is not clear as to what I mean by metadata
    > information, its the information regarding the image or audio files
    > like., height and width for the image.,. Title, artist, author etc for
    > the audio files.
    >
    > Now that I need to port my code to Linux, I would like to know if there
    > is/are any c++ library that would work both in linux and windows???
    >
    > I found few libraries similar to GDI+ and WMSDK for linux like TagLib.
    > But I would like to have one single library that will work on both the
    > platform. I dont mind if I have to use separate libraries for image and
    > audio files.

    Have you consulted Nikki Locke's Available C++ Libraries FAQ?

    http://www.trumphurst.com/cpplibs/cpplibs.phtml

    Best regards,

    Tom
    Thomas Tutone, Oct 28, 2006