    Thanks
    Stan

    , Feb 3, 2004

  2. gnari Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:bvnita$6ao$...
    > Hi
    > I know this is not a helpdesk, but I need to update an AD from a HR

    Oracle
    > DB. The Oracle is not a problem, but I have no experience with MS AD. Can
    > someone assist me with a web site or sample code on how to read and update
    > the AD

    well, you might start by telling us what AD is, and how it has anything to
    do
    with perl. have you looked at CPAN ? try search.cpan.org.
    have you tried google?
    have you tried microsoft ? (apologies if the MS in MS AD is something else)
    have you looked at the AD documentation (if any)?

    gnari

    gnari, Feb 3, 2004

  3. gnari Guest

    "gnari" <> wrote in message
    > have you tried microsoft ? (apologies if the MS in MS AD is something

    else)

    oops. maybe the subject line is a hint about that.

    gnari

    gnari, Feb 3, 2004
  4. MPBroida Guest

    gnari wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I know this is not a helpdesk, but I need to update an AD from a HR

    > Oracle
    > > DB. The Oracle is not a problem, but I have no experience with MS AD. Can
    > > someone assist me with a web site or sample code on how to read and update
    > > the AD

    > well, you might start by telling us what AD is, and how it has anything to
    > do
    > with perl. have you looked at CPAN ? try search.cpan.org.
    > have you tried google?
    > have you tried microsoft ? (apologies if the MS in MS AD is something else)
    > have you looked at the AD documentation (if any)?

    Considering his later post, perhaps:

    AD == Access Database

    ??
    Mike

    MPBroida, Feb 3, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    MPBroida <> wrote:
    : Considering his later post, perhaps:

    : AD == Access Database

    Hmmm, I read it as MS's Active Directory. Which is tied in with LDAP,
    and if you had an Oracle database of users, you might well want to
    export information from the Oracle database into Active Directory.
    --
    Warhol's Law: every Usenet user is entitled to his or her very own
    fifteen minutes of flame -- The Squoire

    Walter Roberson, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Chris Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi
    > I know this is not a helpdesk, but I need to update an AD from a HR Oracle
    > DB. The Oracle is not a problem, but I have no experience with MS AD. Can
    > someone assist me with a web site or sample code on how to read and update
    > the AD
    > Thanks
    > Stan

    I hesitated answering this earlier this week because I would have
    thought you'd get a more definitive answer than what I can give, but...

    I *thought* that Win32::Lanman was going to be updated with new routines
    that handled AD calls. Try looking at http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz/perl for
    that. I used Win32::Lanman on a huge Perl scripting project at a
    Fortune 50 company 2 years ago that had AD tie-ins through
    Win32::Lanman, but full AD functionality wasn't there at that time.

    For LDAP access, use Net::LDAP. Net::LDAP will allow you to work with
    AD through its LDAP (port 389) interface.

    Chris
    -----
    Chris Olive
    chris -at- technologEase -dot- com
    http://www.technologEase.com
    (pronounced "technologies")

    Chris, Feb 4, 2004

    Sorry for not giving enough info. It is an Microsoft Active directory which
    I want to keep in sync with our Human Resource Oracle database using Perl.
    Access to this can be via LDAP but I cant find any decent documentation on
    the authentication between the MS AD and Perl LDAP. I'm looking for some
    sample code to get started.
    Stan
    > In article <>,
    > MPBroida <> wrote:
    > : Considering his later post, perhaps:
    >
    > : AD == Access Database
    >
    > Hmmm, I read it as MS's Active Directory. Which is tied in with LDAP,
    > and if you had an Oracle database of users, you might well want to
    > export information from the Oracle database into Active Directory.
    > --
    > Warhol's Law: every Usenet user is entitled to his or her very own
    > fifteen minutes of flame -- The Squoire

    , Feb 5, 2004