Microsoft AD

stan.holmes

Hi
I know this is not a helpdesk, but I need to update an AD from a HR Oracle
DB. The Oracle is not a problem, but I have no experience with MS AD. Can
someone assist me with a web site or sample code on how to read and update
the AD
Thanks
Stan

gnari

Hi
I know this is not a helpdesk, but I need to update an AD from a HR Oracle
DB. The Oracle is not a problem, but I have no experience with MS AD. Can
someone assist me with a web site or sample code on how to read and update
the AD

well, you might start by telling us what AD is, and how it has anything to
do
with perl. have you looked at CPAN ? try search.cpan.org.
have you tried google?
have you tried microsoft ? (apologies if the MS in MS AD is something else)
have you looked at the AD documentation (if any)?

gnari

MPBroida

gnari said:
well, you might start by telling us what AD is, and how it has anything to
do
with perl. have you looked at CPAN ? try search.cpan.org.
have you tried google?
have you tried microsoft ? (apologies if the MS in MS AD is something else)
have you looked at the AD documentation (if any)?

Considering his later post, perhaps:

AD == Access Database

??
Mike

Walter Roberson

: AD == Access Database

Hmmm, I read it as MS's Active Directory. Which is tied in with LDAP,
and if you had an Oracle database of users, you might well want to
export information from the Oracle database into Active Directory.

Chris

Hi
I know this is not a helpdesk, but I need to update an AD from a HR Oracle
DB. The Oracle is not a problem, but I have no experience with MS AD. Can
someone assist me with a web site or sample code on how to read and update
the AD
Thanks
Stan

I hesitated answering this earlier this week because I would have
thought you'd get a more definitive answer than what I can give, but...

I *thought* that Win32::Lanman was going to be updated with new routines
that handled AD calls. Try looking at http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz/perl for
that. I used Win32::Lanman on a huge Perl scripting project at a
Fortune 50 company 2 years ago that had AD tie-ins through
Win32::Lanman, but full AD functionality wasn't there at that time.

For LDAP access, use Net::LDAP. Net::LDAP will allow you to work with
AD through its LDAP (port 389) interface.

Chris

stan.holmes

Sorry for not giving enough info. It is an Microsoft Active directory which
I want to keep in sync with our Human Resource Oracle database using Perl.
Access to this can be via LDAP but I cant find any decent documentation on
the authentication between the MS AD and Perl LDAP. I'm looking for some
sample code to get started.
Stan