Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 help!

Gator

I have Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and I am trying to learn how to use the
program to compile C and C++ programs again. I have not done any programming
in the last 6 years and forgot how to use this compiler. I have lost the
book this software came with and I cannot find any of my notes about it from
my classes. Does anyone know of a website or book (purchase or downloadable)
I can use to learn how to use this compiler? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Victor Bazarov

Gator said:
I have Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and I am trying to learn how to use the
program to compile C and C++ programs again. I have not done any programming
in the last 6 years and forgot how to use this compiler. I have lost the
book this software came with and I cannot find any of my notes about it from
my classes. Does anyone know of a website or book (purchase or downloadable)
I can use to learn how to use this compiler? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/

Jonathan Mcdougall

Gator said:
I have Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and I am trying to learn how to use the
program to compile C and C++ programs again.

That's great, but be sure to learn the language before learning the library.
I have not done any programming
in the last 6 years and forgot how to use this compiler. I have lost the
book this software came with

Oh yeah? :)
and I cannot find any of my notes about it from
my classes. Does anyone know of a website or book (purchase or downloadable)
I can use to learn how to use this compiler? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Google is your friend, as is the microsoft.public.* hierarchy (check out
news.microsoft.com if your isp does not support it). This newsgroup
deals with C++ language-related questions only.

Jonathan

RCS

Gator said:
I have Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and I am trying to learn how to use the
program to compile C and C++ programs again. I have not done any programming
in the last 6 years and forgot how to use this compiler. I have lost the
book this software came with and I cannot find any of my notes about it from
my classes. Does anyone know of a website or book (purchase or downloadable)
I can use to learn how to use this compiler? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

It's a wonder you didn't loose the compiler, too :)

QXX