    *ptrUrlLength,
    [out,size_is(*ptrUrlLength)] Purl
    ptrURL );

    McGragger, Aug 23, 2006

  2. McGragger wrote:
    > I am getting an exception when I make my new RPC call. I think I may
    > be going about this IDL all wrong. [...]

    Wrong newsgroup. You most likely need to post to a newsgroup with
    "microsoft" in its name.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 23, 2006

  3. McGragger wrote:

    > I am getting an exception when I make my new RPC call.

    What's an RPC call?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPC

    Do you mean a Remote Procedure Call?

    > I think I may be
    > going about this IDL all wrong.

    What's an IDL?

    > I would like to pass in an integer
    > pointer and a character array pointer to the server. I would like the
    > server to change the character array and then make the integer its
    > size. The integer changing is working fine. My character array is not.
    > Here is a stripped sown sample of what I am trying.
    >

    > typedef long I32;
    > typedef char * Purl;
    >
    > IrsI32 H2CurlReq ( [in,out] I32

    What is an IrsI32? What is [in,out]?

    > *ptrUrlLength,
    > [out,size_is(*ptrUrlLength)] Purl

    What is [out, size_iz etc.?

    > ptrURL );

    Is this supposed to be C++? It doesn't look like it.

    Best regards,

    Tom

    Thomas Tutone, Aug 23, 2006