MIDP2 and a new Item

Chameleon

I create a "Screen" like class, similar to "List" but with completely
graphical menu.

Now I want to extend it to "Item" like (similar to ChoiceGroup).
When I select the "Item" and fire, It will display images and text.
When I made a selection, It will display title and text representation
of selection.

I think about a "StringItem", that when I click on it, it will display
the images and text.

Is possible, to catch an event when I click on StringItem?

David N. Welton

Chameleon said:
I think about a "StringItem", that when I click on it, it will display
the images and text.

Is possible, to catch an event when I click on StringItem?

Not as far as I can tell.

If you want an environment where you can quickly and easily play around
with different GUI elements, have a look at Hecl:

http://www.hecl.org

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/

Darryl L. Pierce

Chameleon said:
I create a "Screen" like class, similar to "List" but with completely
graphical menu.

Now I want to extend it to "Item" like (similar to ChoiceGroup).
When I select the "Item" and fire, It will display images and text.
When I made a selection, It will display title and text representation
of selection.

I think about a "StringItem", that when I click on it, it will display
the images and text.

Is possible, to catch an event when I click on StringItem?

No. The high level UI items do not provide for firing low level
notifications like that. You can add an ItemStateListener that will be
notified when *something* changes, but when those notifications are sent
is undefined in the specification.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com