mimic onreadystatechange

Andrew Poulos

I'm trying to mimic IE's onreadystatechange in MZ. Specifically I'm
looking at returning a value of "loading" to a frameset when a page is
on how to do this?

Andrew Poulos

Martin Honnen

Andrew said:
I'm trying to mimic IE's onreadystatechange in MZ. Specifically I'm
looking at returning a value of "loading" to a frameset when a page is
on how to do this?

Your documents loaded in the frame could contain script that calls up to
the frameset to report the status.
If you are only interested in the final loaded then there is
<frame onload
that works in Mozilla and IE.

Andrew Poulos

I'm trying to mimic IE's onreadystatechange in MZ. Specifically I'm
Your documents loaded in the frame could contain script that calls up to
the frameset to report the status.
If you are only interested in the final loaded then there is
<frame onload
that works in Mozilla and IE.

Thanks for the reply but I can't put scripts in the documents that are
to be loaded into the frame nor do I need to know when the document has
finished loading. I need to know when a document is starting to load:
which IE "solves" with onreadystatechange.

Andrew Poulos