min and max running values

Kai-Uwe Bux

Pete said:
Sheesh. Again: there is no better in an absolute sense. The best choice of
algorithm depends on what the desired result is, and there isn't enough
information in the original post, nor in any of the responses to it, to
choose a "best" algorithm for finding the minimum value of a set of
integers.

You keep saying that when questioned about your claims, which come often
without proper qualification. I quote your previous post:
Or, even better, don't pretend that there's a value. Do what min_range
does, and return an iterator to the value, with end-of-sequence
designating that there was no minimum (i.e. the sequence was empty).

Note the use of the word "better" without any qualifications amounting to
the claim that returning an iterator is superior. Questioned about it, you
snip the claim in dispute and argue something entirely different.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux