    asp page to process!!

    Thx.
    Vamsi

    Vamsi, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Vamsi

    Evertjan. Guest

    Vamsi wrote on 18 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Can you advice me on this problem. I am able to display
    > a .html page on my browser, but when i add some asp code
    > into this page and try to open from browser, it takes me
    > to "PAge cannot be displayed".
    >
    > I wonder if i am missing something on my computer for an
    > asp page to process!!

    Pages containing asp-code should be displayed by way of a server having
    asp interpreting capabilities, either online or local.

    Browsers do NOT have these capabilities.

    Browsers normally an disignedly(?) only can accomodate the html code
    outputted to them by an asp-interpreter.

    So if you want to test your asp-page locally on your own pc ans browser,
    you should install a local IIS server [or alike?]. XP-prof can do this.

    Some ASP code strings pass unnoticed through a brouwser,
    when an asp coded page is sent uninterpreted to a browser,
    like:

    <%@Language=vbscript%>

    or:

    <!--#include virtual ="/mystupiderrors.asp"-->

    or:

    <%
    response.write request("action")
    %>

    others do not.

    I never cared to find out why, yet.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 18, 2004

  3. Vamsi

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:27:25 -0700, "Vamsi"
    <> wrote:

    >Can you advice me on this problem. I am able to display
    >a .html page on my browser, but when i add some asp code
    >into this page and try to open from browser, it takes me
    >to "PAge cannot be displayed".
    >
    >I wonder if i am missing something on my computer for an
    >asp page to process!!

    Do you have a web server?

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Vamsi

    IPT Guest

    If you use Win2003 Server, make sure you set 'Allow' on Activ Server Pages,
    under IIS Manager.

    IPT, Jun 18, 2004