Minimize black screen

jim simpson

Is there anyway to minimize the black screen while a Perl script is running
an then return it to normal just before the script comcludes?

Thanks,

Jim

Alan J. Flavell

Is there anyway to minimize the black screen while a Perl script is
running

Hmmm. Crystal ball time. I suspect we might have here a PoB
("prisoner of Bill") who hadn't realised that mention of their OS and
other environment details would be useful.

Maybe you're looking for wperl.exe
an then return it to normal just before the script comcludes?

Dunno about that part. You could google for wperl.exe and see if it's
part of the answer, anyhow.

Joe Smith

jim said:
Is there anyway to minimize the black screen while a Perl script is running

If you are talking about the MS-DOS command window that pops up on
Windows, wperl.exe will prevent that. It will also supress any output
going to SDTOUT and STDERR.
an then return it to normal just before the script comcludes?

So, you want something that will create an MS-DOS command window when
the perl script starts, minimize that window while running, and at the
end of the script restore the window to its usual size and wait while
the user has a chance to look at any messages, right?

I can't help you with the minimize/restore part, but the last bit is
print "Press ENTER when done\n";
$_ = <STDIN>;
exit;

Michele Dondi

Is there anyway to minimize the black screen while a Perl script is running
an then return it to normal just before the script comcludes?

You're talking Windoze, aren't you? Well, your headers tell me so...
then not a *real* answer to your question, but you may be interested
in wperl.exe.

Michele

Richard S Beckett

Is there anyway to minimize the black screen while a Perl script is
running
NOT a working script, but the snippets you need...

use Win32::GUI;

#Hide dos window
my $perlwin = Win32::GUI::GetPerlWindow();
Win32::GUI::Hide($perlwin);

#restore dos window
my $perlwin = Win32::GUI::GetPerlWindow();
Win32::GUI::OpenIcon($perlwin);

#see what happened
print "\nPress ENTER to exit";
<STDIN>;