missing : after property id error

1

1 connu

Hi,

I don't have any clue with Javascript but I use one from Sun for Java applet
deployement (http://java.com/js/deployJava.js).

The parameters of my applet are generated according to user's choices. I
have a case with error "missing : after property id" on line 816.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pierre

The script :
<script>
788 var attributes =
789 {
790 code: 'concentrationapplet.ConcentrationApplet.class',
791 width: 680,
792 height: 450,
793 archive:
'JFreeChart/jfreechart-0.9.21.jar,JFreeChart/jcommon-0.9.6.jar,Concentration.jar',
794 codebase: 'http://localhost:8080'
795 };
796
797 var parameters =
798 {
799
800 subsNo: 3,
801
802 substance: 'ACENOCOUMAROL',
803
804 T12: 10.00000,
805
806 Q0: 1.00000,
807
808 substance2: 'AMPRENAVIR',
809
810 substance3: 'ALPRAZOLAM',
811
812 T123: 13.00000,
813
814 Q03: 0.70000,
815
816 Ki_2_1_3A4/5: 0.05561, // error here !!!
817
818 listKi: 'Ki_2_1_3A4/5;'
819
820 };
821
822 var version = '1.5.0';
823
824 deployJava.runApplet (attributes, parameters, version);
825 </script>

Jorge

Hi,

The parameters of my applet are generated according to user's choices. I
have a case with error "missing : after property id" on line 816.

816 Ki_2_1_3A4/5: 0.05561, // error here !!!

"Ki_2_1_3A4/5" is not a valid name : the problem is the slash "/".

--Jorge.

1

1 connu

Thanks Jorge, you are right, I fix it with quotes.

Pierre

"Jorge" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de (e-mail address removed)...
Hi,

The parameters of my applet are generated according to user's choices. I
have a case with error "missing : after property id" on line 816.

816 Ki_2_1_3A4/5: 0.05561, // error here !!!

"Ki_2_1_3A4/5" is not a valid name : the problem is the slash "/".

--Jorge.

Jorge

Thanks Jorge, you are right, I fix it with quotes.

Hmm, thank you Pierre, I never thought that a property's name could be
"~anyText" :

<script>
window.onload= function () {
var o= {
'./=88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 0,
'/=88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 1,
'=88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 2,
'88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 3,
'{Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 4,
'[i_2_1_3A4/5': 5,
'\\2_1_3A4/5': 6
};
for (property in o) { alert(property+": "+o[property]) }
};

--Jorge.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jorge said:
Hmm, thank you Pierre, I never thought that a property's name could be
"~anyText" :

But subsections 11.1.5 and 11.2.1 of the ECMAScript Specification, Edition 3
Final (and other sections of previous editions), say so :) (Note that this
also includes the empty string.)

This feature of ECMAScript implementations makes Object objects extremely
useful for the implementation of what is known as a dictionary e.g. in
Python, and augmented Array objects for the implementation of what is known
as an associative array e.g. in PHP. As for the former, I remember to have
posted an example for a customer address book recently:

<
BTW, while searching for it, I found this article that you were interested
in: < There's at least one other:
<

HTH

PointedEars