MissingResourceException: can't find bundle for base name

dennishancy

I have this code

//--------------------------
try {
ResourceBundle bundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle( "EUWConfig" );

_sessionTimeOut = Integer.parseInt(bundle.getString("SessionTimeOut"));

_loggerFile = bundle.getString("LoggerFile");

}

catch(Exception e)
{
_log.debug( new String("Getting Properties: " + e.toString() ) );

}

//--------------------------

The error msg I am getting is this:

----------------------
Getting Properties: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find
bundle for base name EUWConfig, locale en
----------------------

It looks like it is bombing on the first line in the "try" clause.
Does this mean it can't find the EUWConfig file? If so, what do I need
to do so it finds this file?

The file currently resides in the base directory on the server. I have
also included the base directory in the class path.

Can someone point out what my next step is to resolve this?

Thanks.

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation
Cleveland, OH

dennishancy

The difference is that I can now see an error message. Problem is I
don't know what to do to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

Dennis

Thomas Weidenfeller

The difference is that I can now see an error message. Problem is I
don't know what to do to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!!

And the answer is still the same. Look up the bundle search procedure in
the API documentation.

/Thomas

dennishancy

Ok, I need help.

I opened the FAQ as you suggested. I did a search for the word
"bundle". That word appears once in section Q1.9, "What is Swing".

So I looked for the word "Resource". There are 11 hits, but none of
them explains how I fix my MissingResourceException problem.

Is it possible that the problem isn't on this line at all? Here's why
I ask:

I have a series of methods defined in this class to retrieve values
from the property file. There are 10 properties in this file, and I
call these methods from another class. Through a process of
elimination, I've discovered that some of these calls cause my web app
not to run. I get a "page not found" type of an error. When I comment
out these offending lines, the web app runs fine.

However, in all cases, I get the MissingResourceException.

I am definitely a beginner in this, so be patient with me :)