    color (of image) at any point to make a better visibility of foreground
    color text?

    Thank you very much in advance
    Paolo, Dec 5, 2008

  2. Paolo wrote:
    > Hi at all ,
    >
    > I have a background problem that I think is a mission impossible to solve:
    >
    > Having a background image is it possible to know what is the background
    > color (of image) at any point to make a better visibility of foreground
    > color text?
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance

    Ive not heard of anyway to interrogate actual pixel colors. But the
    image itself as a whole may be accesible, and you could write one ;-)
    But i'd be tempted to lay a semi transparent color over it and put
    single color text on that.
    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 5, 2008

  3. Paolo

    SAM Guest

    Le 12/5/08 6:09 PM, Paolo a écrit :

    > Having a background image is it possible to know what is the background
    > color (of image) at any point to make a better visibility of foreground
    > color text?

    The extension Color Zilla in Firefox ?
    <http://www.colorzilla.com/firefox/>

    --
    sm
    SAM, Dec 5, 2008
  4. Paolo

    David Mark Guest

    On Dec 5, 12:09 pm, "Paolo" <> wrote:
    > Hi at all ,
    >
    > I have a background problem that I think is a mission impossible to solve:
    >
    > Having a background image is it possible to know what is the background
    > color (of image) at any point to make a better visibility of foreground
    > color text?

    Can a script know? Yes, if you provide the data. Assuming you can
    predict exactly what part of the image the text will overlap and want
    to make scripting a requirement for readability, you could do it. I
    wouldn't.

    [snip]
    David Mark, Dec 6, 2008
  5. Paolo

    rf Guest

    "Paolo" <> wrote in message
    > Hi at all ,
    >
    > I have a background problem that I think is a mission impossible to solve:
    >
    > Having a background image is it possible to know what is the background
    > color (of image) at any point to make a better visibility of foreground
    > color text?

    If you have to change the colour of some text to obtain "better visibility"
    on a background then IMHO that background is not suitable for putting
    underneath text.

    In any case, not with Javascript.
    rf, Dec 6, 2008