Mix Coldfusion and ASP.NET pages

Urs Eichmann

In a website built with coldfusion 5, we want to add some new pages built
with ASP.NET. AFAIK, it should be no problem mixing .CFM and .ASPX pages
within the same site, because IIS loads a different handler for each page.
Is this correct? Does anyone have experience with this type of problem?

Thanks for any info
Urs

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You are correct, it shouldn't be a problem.
The only difficulty you're likely to have is passing data between the two
different systems.

Urs Eichmann

Thanks Steve. Regarding passing data, do you know some "best practise" to
share data (especially session data)?
Urs

Brock Allen

The safest way would be to store any shared data in a database that both
can access. You don't want to reply upon QueryStrings or even hidden inputs
as that is something that the end user (malicious or otherwise) can tamper
with.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

In addition to the database suggestion, you can also pass data via
querystring, hidden fields, cookies, etc.