    found?

    Thanks,
    Kero.
    Kero van Gelder, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Hi,

    In message "mkmf documentation?"
    on 03/08/02, Kero van Gelder <-dot.nl> writes:

    |Specifically:
    | - what's the third item in the items for $INSTALLFILES

    It's a prefix to be removed (e.g. "lib" in "lib/foobar.rb").

    | - How come `make install` creates directories with permissions rwxr-s---

    Does it?

    | - How to take *out* the default .so to install

    You can't. You have specified its name by create_makefile(target).

    | - is it possible to generate recursive Makefiles?

    No. You need to prepare extconf.rb for each directories.

    | - can I check availability of headerfiles and complain when they're not
    | found?

    unless have_header("foobar.h")
    warn "you should install <foobar.h> first"
    exit
    end

    matz.
    Yukihiro Matsumoto, Aug 2, 2003

  3. > | - How come `make install` creates directories with permissions rwxr-s---

    > Does it?

    Yes. The s is from the parent directory, of course :(
    Change umask, stir a bit and it's all solved.

    > | - can I check availability of headerfiles and complain when they're not
    > | found?
    >
    > unless have_header("foobar.h")
    > warn "you should install <foobar.h> first"
    > exit
    > end

    Erm, of course (ashamed).

    Thanks,