mod_perl flush problem

Daoud

Hi,

I recently migrated from RedHat 9 to gentoo, and ever since I'm having
a hard time sleeping because I can't get a mod_perl script to
autoflush! Well actualy I did manage to flush the output by calling
$r->rflush(), but in my opinion it should be possible to just set $|
to a non zero value. Has something changed in apache or mod_perl that
prevents autoflush in this manner?

Here are some version numbers:

Gentoo Base System version 1.4.9
mod_perl 1.99.11
apache 2.0.49-r1
CGI 3.00

I made this very simple test script to investigate the problem:

Running it as CGI script will autoflush the output but running it as a
mod_perl script doesn't. I commented out the lines that will flush the
ouput manually.
----------------------

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use CGI qw/:standard/;