mod_ruby, eRuby Question

Lincoln Anderson

Thomas Branch

I'm losing my mind as well on this setup. eRuby is working fine for me
and I can run .rhtml files but I can't get my server to handle .rb or
rbx files using mod_ruby.

I get the same 500 error.

People always marvel at the cute little RoR videos but when it comes
time to get into production almost no one has done it. Basecamp is the
only example that I know of.

WTF!?

Anyway, if someone can chime in, I would much appreciate it.

joep

I'm losing my mind as well on this setup. eRuby is working fine for me
and I can run .rhtml files but I can't get my server to handle .rb or
rbx files using mod_ruby.

I get the same 500 error.

People always marvel at the cute little RoR videos but when it comes
time to get into production almost no one has done it. Basecamp is the
only example that I know of.

WTF!?

Anyway, if someone can chime in, I would much appreciate it.

Not to worry. I had this very problem. You need to open your Apache/
httpd.conf file and add the type as shown below.

Try just adding one type first.

# hdml
AddType text/x-hdml .hdml

AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .sh .pl .asp .rb .erb

Hope this helps

Lincoln Anderson