    John Bokma j3b

    Blog: http://johnbokma.com/ Perl Consultancy: http://castleamber.com/
    Perl for books: http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-books.html
    John Bokma, Apr 4, 2014

  2. John Bokma

    Justin C Guest

    On 2014-04-04, John Bokma <> wrote:

    > http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2014/04/modern-perl-2014-edition-is-out.html
    >
    > With great pleasure do I announce Modern Perl: 2014 edition is out
    > and available in stores. You can also read Modern Perl: 2014 edition
    > free online. Of course it's available from the various booksellers:
    > [..]
    >
    > We'll get the PDFs and ePubs updated on the Onyx Neon site in the
    > next week (waiting on a piece of cover art to update) and the Kindle
    > edition will update soon as well.

    I've only just started reading it, it's been on on my list for quite
    a while, but I only recently got around to it.

    Will it be a proper Kindle version, and not just a PDF on a Kindle?

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.
    Justin C, Apr 7, 2014

  3. John Bokma

    John Bokma Guest

    Justin C <> writes:

    > On 2014-04-04, John Bokma <> wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2014/04/modern-perl-2014-edition-is-out.html
    >>
    >> With great pleasure do I announce Modern Perl: 2014 edition is out
    >> and available in stores. You can also read Modern Perl: 2014 edition
    >> free online. Of course it's available from the various booksellers:
    >> [..]
    >>
    >> We'll get the PDFs and ePubs updated on the Onyx Neon site in the
    >> next week (waiting on a piece of cover art to update) and the Kindle
    >> edition will update soon as well.

    > I've only just started reading it, it's been on on my list for quite
    > a while, but I only recently got around to it.
    >
    > Will it be a proper Kindle version, and not just a PDF on a Kindle?

    The quote mentions ePub and a Kindle edition. You can always convert
    ePub to mobi using the free kindlegen CLI program [1] or Calibre.

    [1] http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000765211

    John Bokma, Apr 7, 2014
  4. John Bokma wrote:
    > The quote mentions ePub and a Kindle edition. You can always convert
    > ePub to mobi using the free kindlegen CLI program [1] or Calibre.

    or to AZW3 now in Calibre

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 7, 2014
  5. On Friday, April 4, 2014 1:00:20 PM UTC-7, John Bokma wrote:
    > http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2014/04/modern-perl-2014-edition-is-out.html
    >

    > With great pleasure do I announce Modern Perl: 2014 edition is out
    >
    > and available in stores. You can also read Modern Perl: 2014 edition
    >
    > free online. Of course it's available from the various booksellers:
    >
    > [..]
    >

    > We'll get the PDFs and ePubs updated on the Onyx Neon site in the
    >
    > next week (waiting on a piece of cover art to update) and the Kindle
    >
    > edition will update soon as well.
    >

    > --
    >
    > John Bokma j3b
    >

    > Blog: http://johnbokma.com/ Perl Consultancy: http://castleamber.com/