Modifying the global modules included with the distribution

Justin Standard

Hi,

I'm trying to make some small modifications to the xml.dom.minidom
module. I'm developing on windows (since I have to at work), and I
located the .py files which represent the module in the Python23/Lib
directory, I made my changes to the file:
Python/Lib/xml/dom/minidom.py. However, when I run the interpreter,
my changes aren't reflected.

Do I need to rebuild python to make these changes take? Or is there
some other process to modify global modules. I realize that I _could_
have extended it, but this _seemed_ easier, and the work is already
done.

Thanks!

Justin Standard