Modifying the global modules included with the distribution

Discussion in 'Python' started by Justin Standard, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I'm trying to make some small modifications to the xml.dom.minidom
    module. I'm developing on windows (since I have to at work), and I
    located the .py files which represent the module in the Python23/Lib
    directory, I made my changes to the file:
    Python/Lib/xml/dom/minidom.py. However, when I run the interpreter,
    my changes aren't reflected.

    Do I need to rebuild python to make these changes take? Or is there
    some other process to modify global modules. I realize that I _could_
    have extended it, but this _seemed_ easier, and the work is already
    done.

    Thanks!

    Justin Standard
    Justin Standard, Feb 7, 2005