Modifying XML Document

Roger Wilco

I have a C++ application that uses an XML config file. It periodically
needs to move a line (XML element) to the end of the file. I've
written this using the C++ Xerces libraries (v2.5). The problem is
that whitespacing gets REALLY screwed up. I'm not too concerned with
looks, but this will start to get really ugly after running several
hundred times.

FYI, I'm using fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint and have tried disabling
that.

The original looks something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ascii" standalone="no" ?>

<file>
<entry>item 1</entry>
<entry>item 2</entry>
<entry>item 3</entry>
<entry>item 4</entry>
</file>

After moving the first entry to the bottom, I get something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ascii" standalone="no" ?>
<recipientLists defaultSchemaPath="..\AddressLists\schema.txt">

<entry>item 2</entry>

<entry>item 3</entry>

<entry>item 4</entry>

<entry>item 1</entry>