Module python-magic on/for Windows - UPDATE: WORKING & HowTo!!!

Michael Torrie

Carl said:
I need to convert pdf to png, which imagemagic convert does, I think by using
ghostscript. a little over a year ago I tried with some imagemagic (there are
at least 2 i think) and neither seemed close to working (for pdf that is.) any
idea if pdf conversion is working?

python-magic isn't about image conversion. libmagic has nothing to do
with ImageMagick. It's a library for identifying what type of file
something is based in it's signature (magic number). This is the same
library that drives the unix "file" command.