more about link buttons

Guest

hey all,

i have 4 link buttons on my page. could i just i have 1 handler for all
these buttons? if so, how can i let the handler which button got clicked?

thanks,
rodchar

Lucas Tam

hey all,

i have 4 link buttons on my page. could i just i have 1 handler for all
these buttons? if so, how can i let the handler which button got clicked?

Yes you can.

You can use the CommandArguement or CommandName properties of the
linkbutton to specify which button was clicked.

S. Justin Gengo

Rodchar,

In the handler cast the sender to a link button and then check it's client
ID.

In vb it looks like:

Dim LinkButtonSent As LinkButton = CType(Sender, LinkButton)

Select Case LinkButton.ID
Case "LinkButton1"
'---Do something here.
Case "LinkButton2"
'---Do something here.
End Select

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Guest

you guys are great. thanks for the help.