More on default buttons

MattB

I've successfully used the method described here:
http://www.kamp-hansen.dk/pages/showdoc.asp?id=28&menuid=21&menuid=18

to set my default button (for when they hit enter) when a text box is
active, but I have another problem.

The page I'm using this in has a verification field in it where the visitor
has to enter some additional information before they can see their record.
The above code is perfect for that.

But if they successfully verify, then I hide that text box and button, and
enable a "Continue" button. At that point, I want the continue button to be
the default. I tried this:

Page.RegisterHiddenField("__EVENTTARGET",
Page.FindControl("btnContinue").ID)

but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions on what to try next? Thanks!

Matt