More on Serialization

Bertie Wooster

Yesterday I serialized a Vector. Using my trusty XVI hex editor I
opened up the persisted object. Using 1010987 I called up my friend
Suki in Japan and proceeded to read out each byte. A knowing chuckle
came from the other end then the unmistakable tapping of keys.

16,278 delectable bytes were passed and, aside from aforementioned key
clicks and few giggles when I said 0xFF, or 0x69, it was done in
silence.

I got an email later that day thanking me for the Vector of my
C:\WINDOWS directory.

Has anyone else thought of other ingenious uses for this technology?

rkm

Bertie said:
Yesterday I serialized a Vector. Using my trusty XVI hex editor I
opened up the persisted object. Using 1010987 I called up my friend
Suki in Japan and proceeded to read out each byte. A knowing chuckle
came from the other end then the unmistakable tapping of keys.

16,278 delectable bytes were passed and, aside from aforementioned key
clicks and few giggles when I said 0xFF, or 0x69, it was done in
silence.

I got an email later that day thanking me for the Vector of my
C:\WINDOWS directory.

Has anyone else thought of other ingenious uses for this technology?

I'm working on serializing my gene sequence and broadcasting
it into space. Many eons from now, a distant civilization
will pick up the signal, deserialize it, and reconstitute a
clone of me. Hopefully they will not use me for hamburger.

Ryan Stewart

Bertie Wooster said:
Yesterday I serialized a Vector. Using my trusty XVI hex editor I
opened up the persisted object. Using 1010987 I called up my friend
Suki in Japan and proceeded to read out each byte. A knowing chuckle
came from the other end then the unmistakable tapping of keys.
*snip*
Check out onesuite.com. It's probably cheaper.

Andrew Thompson

rkm said:
I'm working on serializing my gene sequence and broadcasting
it into space. Many eons from now, a distant civilization
will pick up the signal, deserialize it, and reconstitute a
clone of me. Hopefully they will not use me for hamburger.

No, they won't either know or care it's a gene
sequence. Instead, they'll deserialize you, then
burn you to disk to listen to on the way to the
hospital.

But hey, look on the bright side, ..you'll be a big hit. ;-)

OrderKetozenseACV