More questions on svg

Dung Ping

Hi,

First, I like to know if there is a newsgroup for svg in general. I've
only seen one on the Netescape Mozilla.svg, but I have been using the
IE browser. This forum may not be the most appropriate one for
discussions on svg.

Then, in the following svg code, I like to add background color and
border. I know that this piece <. . . width="200" height="200" . . .>
defines the area of background. What and where do I add code for
background color and border?

<svg width="200" height="200" version="1.1"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">

<circle cx="100" cy="100" r="80" stroke="black" stroke-width="2"
fill='red' />

Thanks for teaching.
Dung Ping

Martin Honnen

Dung said:
This forum may not be the most appropriate one for
discussions on svg.

It is a Usenet newsgroup and not a forum. Discussions on SVG are fine
here in my view but if you are looking for an SVG specific list/group
then try <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/>.
But wherever you go consider that SVG 1.0 and SVG 1.1 are not new, that
the Adobe SVG viewer version 3 is some years old already so there is a
lots of existing materials, documentation, web sites, archived posts
that you can and should check.
See the SVG wiki for instance:
<http://svg-whiz.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page>
And I have already pointed you to the SVG specification. It helps
reading the section on the rendering model
Then, in the following svg code, I like to add background color and
border. I know that this piece <. . . width="200" height="200" . . .>
defines the area of background. What and where do I add code for
background color and border?

<svg width="200" height="200" version="1.1"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">

An SVG graphics itself does not have a setable background color, you
would need to put a <rect> element as the first element to be drawn in
the SVG document and set fill and stroke so that you have borders and
background. But SVG graphics can be zoomed and panned so depending on
your needs how far the background should reach when someone zooms and
pans you need to make sure you set the right coordinates and dimensions
on that rect or event adjust them when panning or zooming happens.