More questions on svg

Discussion in 'XML' started by Dung Ping, Oct 30, 2005.

  1. Dung Ping

    Dung Ping Guest

    Hi,

    First, I like to know if there is a newsgroup for svg in general. I've
    only seen one on the Netescape Mozilla.svg, but I have been using the
    IE browser. This forum may not be the most appropriate one for
    discussions on svg.

    Then, in the following svg code, I like to add background color and
    border. I know that this piece <. . . width="200" height="200" . . .>
    defines the area of background. What and where do I add code for
    background color and border?

    <svg width="200" height="200" version="1.1"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">

    <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="80" stroke="black" stroke-width="2"
    fill='red' />

    Thanks for teaching.
    Dung Ping
    Dung Ping, Oct 30, 2005

  2. Dung Ping wrote:

    > This forum may not be the most appropriate one for
    > discussions on svg.

    It is a Usenet newsgroup and not a forum. Discussions on SVG are fine
    here in my view but if you are looking for an SVG specific list/group
    then try <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/>.
    But wherever you go consider that SVG 1.0 and SVG 1.1 are not new, that
    the Adobe SVG viewer version 3 is some years old already so there is a
    lots of existing materials, documentation, web sites, archived posts
    that you can and should check.
    See the SVG wiki for instance:
    <http://svg-whiz.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page>
    And I have already pointed you to the SVG specification. It helps
    reading the section on the rendering model
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/render.html> to be able to answer your question.

    > Then, in the following svg code, I like to add background color and
    > border. I know that this piece <. . . width="200" height="200" . . .>
    > defines the area of background. What and where do I add code for
    > background color and border?
    >
    > <svg width="200" height="200" version="1.1"
    > xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">

    An SVG graphics itself does not have a setable background color, you
    would need to put a <rect> element as the first element to be drawn in
    the SVG document and set fill and stroke so that you have borders and
    background. But SVG graphics can be zoomed and panned so depending on
    your needs how far the background should reach when someone zooms and
    pans you need to make sure you set the right coordinates and dimensions
    on that rect or event adjust them when panning or zooming happens.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Oct 31, 2005