More than 1 MouseListener

Thorsten Kiefer

Hi,
I wrote a component (MyComp1 extends JComponent) which adds a MouseListener
to itself.
Then I wrote another component (MyComp2 extends MyComp1) which also adds a
MouseListener to itself.
The problem is that within an instance of MyComp2, the MouseListener added
by MyComp1 does
not receive MouseEvents anymore.
getListeners(MouseListener) also shows, that the instance of MyComp2 only
has 1 listener.

How can MyComp1 still receive MouseEvents ?

Best Regards
Thorsten

Thorsten Kiefer

Thorsten said:
Hi,
I wrote a component (MyComp1 extends JComponent) which adds a
MouseListener to itself.
Then I wrote another component (MyComp2 extends MyComp1) which also adds a
MouseListener to itself.
The problem is that within an instance of MyComp2, the MouseListener added
by MyComp1 does
not receive MouseEvents anymore.
getListeners(MouseListener) also shows, that the instance of MyComp2 only
has 1 listener.

How can MyComp1 still receive MouseEvents ?

Best Regards
Thorsten

I must correct myself getListeners(MouseListener.class) shows 2 Listeners.
But the first one still doesnt receive events.

Alex.From.Ohio.Java

I must correct myself getListeners(MouseListener.class) shows 2 Listeners.
But the first one still doesnt receive events.

Error is in your code which you didn't publish.
Multiple Listeners do work fine.

import java.awt.FlowLayout;
import java.awt.event.MouseAdapter;
import java.awt.event.MouseEvent;
import javax.swing.JButton;
import javax.swing.JFrame;

public class GUI {
new GUI();
}
public GUI(){
JFrame frame=new JFrame();
frame.setLayout(new FlowLayout());
frame.setSize(500, 400);
JButton button=new JButton("Click me");
frame.add(button);
button.addMouseListener(new MListener());
button.addMouseListener(new MListener());
frame.setVisible(true);
}
class MListener extends MouseAdapter{
public void mouseReleased(MouseEvent e) {
System.out.println(this+" "+e);

Alex.
http://www.myjavaserver.com/~alexfromohio/

Thorsten Kiefer

[...]