    url("gfx/shadow-left.gif")
    }

    thanx for your help

    James, Apr 11, 2004

  2. James

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:c5bccf$e8c$>
    "James" <> said:

    > Line: 11 Context : td.shadow-right
    > Parse Error - [empty string]
    >
    > whats that mean?
    > here is the code its pulling up.
    >
    > td.shadow-left{
    > background-image:
    > url("gfx/shadow-left.gif")
    > }

    the error is reported for "td.shadow-right" however above you have as
    your css "td.shadow-left" which has nothing wrong with it. the error is
    most likely just above the "td.shadow-left" class in the
    "td.shadow-right" class.

    have you read the babble here: http://alt-html.org/ ?

    specifically:

    "When asking question about errors reported by a validator also supply a
    link to the document you're trying to validate. It is often not possible
    to determine the fix for an error without it."

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Apr 11, 2004

  3. James

    James Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:c5bccf$e8c$>
    > "James" <> said:
    >
    > > Line: 11 Context : td.shadow-right
    > > Parse Error - [empty string]
    > >
    > > whats that mean?
    > > here is the code its pulling up.
    > >
    > > td.shadow-left{
    > > background-image:
    > > url("gfx/shadow-left.gif")
    > > }

    > the error is reported for "td.shadow-right" however above you have as
    > your css "td.shadow-left" which has nothing wrong with it. the error is
    > most likely just above the "td.shadow-left" class in the
    > "td.shadow-right" class.
    >
    > have you read the babble here: http://alt-html.org/ ?
    >
    > specifically:
    >
    > "When asking question about errors reported by a validator also supply a
    > link to the document you're trying to validate. It is often not possible
    > to determine the fix for an error without it."
    >
    > --
    > b r u c i e

    sorry, www.jiltedgaming.co.uk is the site im working on.

    no, i didnt know about http://alt-html.org/ thanx for the link. I shall have
    a read.

    line 11 is left, but the error says right, which is line 27?

    class="shadow-left" is in the class on line 38 and class="shadow-right" is
    line 125.

    James, Apr 11, 2004
  4. James <> wrote:

    >> > Line: 11 Context : td.shadow-right
    >> > Parse Error - [empty string]

    [...]

    > www.jiltedgaming.co.uk is the site im working on.

    You are missing the last curly bracket for the "td.shadow-right"
    selector.
    It should look like

    td.shadow-right{
    background-image: url("gfx/shadow-right.gif")

    David Håsäther

    David Håsäther, Apr 11, 2004
  5. James

    James Guest

    > [...]
    >
    > > www.jiltedgaming.co.uk is the site im working on.

    > You are missing the last curly bracket for the "td.shadow-right"
    > selector.
    > --
    > David Håsäther

    aha, thank you its always the simple things. :eek:)

    any idea why it was saying line 11? thats what threw me...

    James, Apr 11, 2004
  6. James

    Neal Guest

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:53:27 +0000 (UTC), James <> wrote:

    > any idea why it was saying line 11? thats what threw me...

    Validators report where the problem becomes noticable, not where the
    problem is.

    Neal, Apr 11, 2004