Moronicity Xha Lee, Jargonizer

James Stroud

Note: I hereby proclaim Xha Lee with a new title: "Moronocity Xha Lee,
Jargonizer ('****')".

There needs to be an email filter that, when a thread is begun by a specific
user (Moronicity Xha Lee, Jargonizer ('****'), for example), it cans every
message in that thread.

Any suggestions on how to do this in python?

James

You have to admit though, he's remarkably good at getting past
Spambayes. Despite classifying *every* Xah Lee post as spam, he still
manages to get most of his posts classified as 0% or 1% spam.

It's very annoying - I've maxxed out the rules I can use in Outlook (my
work account) so I can't afford to add a specific one to trash his
emails...

Tim Delaney

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/

Raymond Hettinger

James said:
There needs to be an email filter that, when a thread is begun by a specific
user . . . it cans every
message in that thread.

The tried-and-true solution is both simple and civil, "Don't feed the
trolls."

Raymond

James Stroud

The tried-and-true solution is both simple and civil, "Don't feed the
trolls."

This will also ease all suffering in the world and give us world peace and end
hunger. If we could all just get along. If the bad men would just not be
greedy. If there could just be a rapper v. country & western
gangster-style-everybody-dies-shootout, then music might return to MTV.

I vote for the filter I described instead, seems more grounded in reality.

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/

Kay Schluehr

Raymond said:
The tried-and-true solution is both simple and civil, "Don't feed the
trolls."

Raymond

People like very much responding on offense. But they seem not to like
liking that.

By the way I noticed also a few reasonable non-troll postings of Xah
without any response in the forum. Not even Xahs posting strategy is
coherent.

Kay

Peter Hansen

Kay said:
By the way I noticed also a few reasonable non-troll postings of Xah
without any response in the forum. Not even Xahs posting strategy is
coherent.

Really? Every one I've noticed has actually had a response, and a
reasonably civil one at that. Usually from Steve Holden, too, which
makes the civility doubly surprising. ;-)

-revenge-is-sweet-ly y'rs,
Peter