    create an object for every small thing in python and still generate
    classes and access methods statically.

    Tamer
    Tamer Higazi, Feb 24, 2008

  2. > After deciding choosing python as my future killer application language
    > for writing web applications, I need from you guys still some support,
    > if you apologize.
    >
    > Question:
    > Which is the most loved template engine for python?

    AFAIK, there is no single blessed template system. If you're up to web
    development then your choice of framework will limit the choices for
    template engines. For example if you choose Django I guess you'll have
    to stick with its built-in template system (I might be wrong on this)
    while if you choose turbogears you can choose between, genshi, kid,
    myghty and some others.

    If you don't have your own preferences the best bet is choosing the
    default template system that comes with your choice of web framework.
    With turbogears 1 it means kid, with turbogears 2 it means genshi.

    For more info please see http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating

    Daniel Fetchinson, Feb 24, 2008

  3. Tamer Higazi

    Tim Chase Guest

    > AFAIK, there is no single blessed template system. If you're up to web
    > development then your choice of framework will limit the choices for
    > template engines. For example if you choose Django I guess you'll have
    > to stick with its built-in template system (I might be wrong on this)

    Django's templating system comes built-in when you install
    Django, but it's just a module like any other Python module.
    Django views all just return strings (or iterables), so you can
    easily include your favorite templating engine if the default
    doesn't do it for you. Including

    > genshi, kid, myghty and some others.

    I've even (in a fit of laziness during a mockup) used python's
    dictionary string formatting for a fast templating solution.

    > For more info please see http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating

    They're are many to choose from, so pick one that works for you,
    and it should plug fairly easily into your framework of choice.

    -tkc
    Tim Chase, Feb 24, 2008
  4. Tamer Higazi

    Guest

    On 24 fév, 20:01, Tamer Higazi <> wrote:
    > Hi people!

    (snip)
    > Question:
    > Which is the most loved template engine for python?

    I don't have a single cue on this, but the one that most impresses me
    so far is Mako.
    , Feb 24, 2008
  5. Tamer Higazi

    subeen Guest

    On Feb 25, 1:01 am, Tamer Higazi <> wrote:

    > Question:
    > Which is the most loved template engine for python?

    I am learning MAKO and I think it's good. But can't tell that it's the
    best as I didn't try others. :)

    regards,
    Subeen.
    http://love-python.blogspot.com/
    subeen, Feb 25, 2008
  6. On 2008-02-25 Tamer Higazi <> wrote:
    > Question:
    > Which is the most loved template engine for python?

    I recommend pyTenjin template engine.
    http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/

    pyTenjin is not famous nor popular, but it is very fast, full-
    featured, and
    very easy-to-use.
    The above web page shows that pyTenjin is about 3 times faster than
    Cheetah,
    9 times faster than Django, and 60 times faster than Kid.
    It is easy to install pyTenjin because it is only single file.

    users-gude:
    http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/pytenjin-users-guide.html

    examples:
    http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/pytenjin-examples.html

    --
    regards,
    makoto kuwata
    makoto kuwata, Feb 25, 2008
  7. Tamer Higazi

    Bernard Guest

    I've been using Cheetah Template for a year now and loved every bit of
    it.
    There's plenty of well written documentation[1] files as well so that
    you may learn it quick.

    [1]: http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/learn.html

    Bernard, Feb 25, 2008