most loved template engine on python is?

Tamer Higazi

Hi people!
After deciding choosing python as my future killer application language
for writing web applications, I need from you guys still some support,
if you apologize.

Question:
Which is the most loved template engine for python?

I see, that I can do more aspect oriented programming with python as
with ruby (as comparing those languages). God thanks, I do not have to
create an object for every small thing in python and still generate
classes and access methods statically.

Tamer

Daniel Fetchinson

After deciding choosing python as my future killer application language
for writing web applications, I need from you guys still some support,
if you apologize.

Question:
Which is the most loved template engine for python?

AFAIK, there is no single blessed template system. If you're up to web
development then your choice of framework will limit the choices for
template engines. For example if you choose Django I guess you'll have
to stick with its built-in template system (I might be wrong on this)
while if you choose turbogears you can choose between, genshi, kid,
myghty and some others.

If you don't have your own preferences the best bet is choosing the
default template system that comes with your choice of web framework.
With turbogears 1 it means kid, with turbogears 2 it means genshi.

For more info please see http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating

Tim Chase

AFAIK, there is no single blessed template system. If you're up to web
development then your choice of framework will limit the choices for
template engines. For example if you choose Django I guess you'll have
to stick with its built-in template system (I might be wrong on this)

Django's templating system comes built-in when you install
Django, but it's just a module like any other Python module.
Django views all just return strings (or iterables), so you can
easily include your favorite templating engine if the default
doesn't do it for you. Including
genshi, kid, myghty and some others.

I've even (in a fit of laziness during a mockup) used python's
dictionary string formatting for a fast templating solution.

They're are many to choose from, so pick one that works for you,
and it should plug fairly easily into your framework of choice.

-tkc

bruno.desthuilliers

Hi people! (snip)
Question:
Which is the most loved template engine for python?
I don't have a single cue on this, but the one that most impresses me
so far is Mako.

makoto kuwata

Question:
Which is the most loved template engine for python?

I recommend pyTenjin template engine.
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/

pyTenjin is not famous nor popular, but it is very fast, full-
featured, and
very easy-to-use.
The above web page shows that pyTenjin is about 3 times faster than
Cheetah,
9 times faster than Django, and 60 times faster than Kid.
It is easy to install pyTenjin because it is only single file.

users-gude:
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/pytenjin-users-guide.html

examples:
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/pytenjin-examples.html