mounting network drives in macosx

Joe

Is there a way to mount a network share from within Python on MacOSX?
I imagine it would be the same as for Unix, but I don't know how to do
it for Unix either. I have searched python.org and googled a lot
without success. Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

bobb

It depends if you want to mount via NFS, SAMBA (windoze like), or other.
Once you figure that out, google for python os commands,
that may get you started.
there may be seperate modules for macosx.

Bob Ippolito

If it's the same network share every time, you can just make an alias
to it (manually) from the finder, and then os.system('open myalias')
whenever you want it to be mounted. Of course, this will open a window
in the finder, but it is a quick&dirty way to do it.

The real question is why you're trying to do it, and in what kind of situation.