mouse/keyboard output

BNHrobotics

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to go about writing a c++
program to control the mouse and keyboard? I would like to be able to
tell the mouse where to move on the screen and to click on command. I
would also like to be able to use the keyboard to write to the screen.
I have basic c++ knowledge but I am stuck on this problem. Thanks for
the help.

Bryan

Alf P. Steinbach

* (e-mail address removed):
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to go about writing a c++
program to control the mouse and keyboard? I would like to be able to
tell the mouse where to move on the screen and to click on command. I
would also like to be able to use the keyboard to write to the screen.
I have basic c++ knowledge but I am stuck on this problem. Thanks for
the help.

Check the FAQ.

Salt_Peter

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to go about writing a c++
program to control the mouse and keyboard? I would like to be able to
tell the mouse where to move on the screen and to click on command. I
would also like to be able to use the keyboard to write to the screen.
I have basic c++ knowledge but I am stuck on this problem. Thanks for
the help.

Bryan

readthe faq: section 5.5 can help
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html

BNHrobotics

umm.. that was all of very little help. I looked at the FAQ and could
not find the answer to my question anywhere. Had I been able to find
the answer I never would have posted. Can you direct me to where the
answer is instead of saying simply saying the answer exists?

kwikius

umm.. that was all of very little help. I looked at the FAQ and could
not find the answer to my question anywhere. Had I been able to find
the answer I never would have posted. Can you direct me to where the
answer is instead of saying simply saying the answer exists?

Most probably your operating system owns the mouse, so you would need
to spell out which operating system you are working on. Unlike Java,
C++ has no standardised platform independent mouse abstraction, though
you should be able to get access to the mouse from a C++ GUI toolkit.

regards
Andy Little

Alf P. Steinbach

* (e-mail address removed):
[top-posting]

Evidently you didn't read the FAQ you were directed to.

umm.. that was all of very little help.

It should have been, but you didn't read it.

I looked at the FAQ

Doesn't help to look, you have to read.

and could
not find the answer to my question anywhere.

Doesn't help to look, you have to read.

Had I been able to find
the answer I never would have posted.

One may wish...