    goodcow
    goodcowfilms.com
    metalcowsolid.com
    Phillip Roncoroni, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Phillip Roncoroni

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:ISkcc.138$>
    "Phillip Roncoroni" <> said:

    > I want an image on mouse-over to fade to another image via a WMV video I
    > made. The GIF version is 2.1 megs, whereas the WMV is 144K, and I know I'll
    > probably be suggested to use Flash, but I hate Flash.

    i believe flash would be the best solution in this case. KISS

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Apr 5, 2004

  3. "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:ISkcc.138$>
    > "Phillip Roncoroni" <> said:
    >
    > > I want an image on mouse-over to fade to another image via a WMV video I
    > > made. The GIF version is 2.1 megs, whereas the WMV is 144K, and I know

    I'll
    > > probably be suggested to use Flash, but I hate Flash.

    > i believe flash would be the best solution in this case. KISS

    Thank you.

    Is there a *non* Flash solution?

    --

    goodcow
    goodcowfilms.com

    Phillip Roncoroni, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Toby A Inkster, Apr 6, 2004
  5. Phillip Roncoroni

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:9xlcc.472$>
    "Phillip Roncoroni" <> said:

    >>> I want an image on mouse-over to fade to another image via a WMV
    >>> video I made. The GIF version is 2.1 megs, whereas the WMV is 144K,
    >>> and I know I'll probably be suggested to use Flash, but I hate
    >>> Flash.

    >> i believe flash would be the best solution in this case. KISS

    > Thank you.

    kissy

    > Is there a *non* Flash solution?

    probably but there are too many things that could go wrong. flash would
    work for the greatest number of people and without and problems.

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Apr 6, 2004
  6. Phillip Roncoroni

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Phillip Roncoroni" <> wrote:

    >I want an image on mouse-over to fade to another image via a WMV video I
    >made.

    You want to force the loading of a monstrosity of an application like MS
    MediaPlayer just to embed a silly animation? Bad idea:
    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    >The GIF version is 2.1 megs

    So fix it, or better: drop the entire thing.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Apr 6, 2004
  7. Phillip Roncoroni

    Kris Guest

    In article <9xlcc.472$>,
    "Phillip Roncoroni" <> wrote:

    > > > I want an image on mouse-over to fade to another image via a WMV video I
    > > > made. The GIF version is 2.1 megs, whereas the WMV is 144K, and I know

    > I'll
    > > > probably be suggested to use Flash, but I hate Flash.

    > > i believe flash would be the best solution in this case. KISS

    > Is there a *non* Flash solution?

    I doubt the all this is worth this effort. Is the effect really so
    important? Is there not a better solution instead of a variation of the
    solution you are after? That is, if coming to the conclusion that this
    was needed in the first place was actually a carefully thought out plan,
    instead of an artsy whim.

    Explaining the situation and the goal may lead to interesting replies
    explaining better alternatives to your solution.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Apr 6, 2004