    121" shape="polygon">

    Is this simple to implement. Thanks

    Desmond.

    Otuatail, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Otuatail

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    Otuatail <> said:

    > Can anyone help on this one. I have an image which I have modified in photoshop
    > to hi light an are of the picture. What I am trying is an image map so that the
    > image will change as well as the cursor. What I have is a lot of these.
    >
    > <area href="tour_food.htm" coords="98, 155, 103, 163, 191, 165, 190, 116, 138,
    > 121" shape="polygon">
    >
    > Is this simple to implement. Thanks

    slice the image up so the bits you want to change are in separate
    pieces. assemble the image on the page so it looks whole. use css :hover
    to change the slices as appropriate. image map not required as you can
    just link the pieces you need.

    if you use css to reassemble the image you don't need to use
    rectangular/square pieces like you would if you used a <table>

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Otuatail

    Jeff Thies Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > in post: <news:>
    > Otuatail <> said:
    >

    >>Can anyone help on this one. I have an image which I have modified in photoshop
    >>to hi light an are of the picture. What I am trying is an image map so that the
    >>image will change as well as the cursor. What I have is a lot of these.
    >>
    >><area href="tour_food.htm" coords="98, 155, 103, 163, 191, 165, 190, 116, 138,
    >>121" shape="polygon">
    >>
    >>Is this simple to implement. Thanks

    > slice the image up so the bits you want to change are in separate
    > pieces. assemble the image on the page so it looks whole. use css :hover
    > to change the slices as appropriate. image map not required as you can
    > just link the pieces you need.

    I was unaware that you could do that. I thought you could only change a
    background image.

    Can you provide a snippit of the style rule that changes an image's
    source on hover?

    What is the level of support?

    Jeff
    who thinks mouseovers should only be used with cats.

    Jeff Thies, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Otuatail

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:lPdHc.12151$>
    Jeff Thies <> said:

    >> slice the image up so the bits you want to change are in separate
    >> pieces. assemble the image on the page so it looks whole. use css :hover
    >> to change the slices as appropriate. image map not required as you can
    >> just link the pieces you need.

    > I was unaware that you could do that.

    thats ok, i just make this shit up as i go anyway.

    http://moreshit.usenetshit.info/change-image-on-hover-thingy.shit

    > What is the level of support?

    opera7+ and moz1.7+. moz1.6 or less (win) only on first or second
    monitor[1].

    not supported by IE and i'm too lazy to bother looking for a fix or an
    alternative method.

    [1] gecho1.6 (win) or less has a bug with anything that changes state.
    it either doesn't appear to work or quickly flashes before returning to
    the original state if the browser isn't on the primary or secondary
    monitor. it includes the browser GUI itself, not just the web pages.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Otuatail

    Jeff Thies Guest

    >>I was unaware that you could do that.
    >
    > thats ok, i just make this shit up as i go anyway.
    >
    >>Can you provide a snippit of the style rule that changes an image's
    >>source on hover?

    > http://moreshit.usenetshit.info/change-image-on-hover-thingy.shit

    Cute trick. Worked in my IE5 windows.

    Background image switch. No absolute positioning.

    I tried it with a background image and setting the link img visibility:
    hidden on hover. Worked, but flickered like crazy. That might have been
    useful otherwise.

    >>What is the level of support?

    > opera7+ and moz1.7+. moz1.6 or less (win) only on first or second
    > monitor[1].

    How many monitors you got there?

    I should probably give you the shirt off my back for the tip. It reads:

    ELVIS is alive and living in my shorts.
    Feel Him, 25cents

    Cheers,
    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Otuatail

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:2PpHc.12976$>
    Jeff Thies <> said:

    > How many monitors you got there?

    4 but usually 6

    > ELVIS is alive and living in my shorts.

    you're lucky

    > Feel Him, 25cents

    can i taste him for $1?

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 9, 2004
  7. Otuatail

    Nik Coughin Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > in post: <news:2PpHc.12976$>
    > Jeff Thies <> said:
    >
    >> How many monitors you got there?

    > 4 but usually 6
    >
    >> ELVIS is alive and living in my shorts.

    > you're lucky
    >
    >> Feel Him, 25cents

    > can i taste him for $1?

    Dude, for $1 I'll throw in Frank Sinatra as well.

    Nik Coughin, Jul 9, 2004