Mouse overs

Otuatail

Can anyone help on this one. I have an image which I have modified in photoshop
to hi light an are of the picture. What I am trying is an image map so that the
image will change as well as the cursor. What I have is a lot of these.

<area href="tour_food.htm" coords="98, 155, 103, 163, 191, 165, 190, 116, 138,
121" shape="polygon">

Is this simple to implement. Thanks

Desmond.

brucie

in post: <
Otuatail said:
Can anyone help on this one. I have an image which I have modified in photoshop
to hi light an are of the picture. What I am trying is an image map so that the
image will change as well as the cursor. What I have is a lot of these.

<area href="tour_food.htm" coords="98, 155, 103, 163, 191, 165, 190, 116, 138,
121" shape="polygon">

Is this simple to implement. Thanks

slice the image up so the bits you want to change are in separate
pieces. assemble the image on the page so it looks whole. use css :hover
to change the slices as appropriate. image map not required as you can
just link the pieces you need.

if you use css to reassemble the image you don't need to use
rectangular/square pieces like you would if you used a <table>

Jeff Thies

brucie said:
in post: <

slice the image up so the bits you want to change are in separate
pieces. assemble the image on the page so it looks whole. use css :hover
to change the slices as appropriate. image map not required as you can
just link the pieces you need.

I was unaware that you could do that. I thought you could only change a
background image.

Can you provide a snippit of the style rule that changes an image's
source on hover?

What is the level of support?

Jeff
who thinks mouseovers should only be used with cats.

brucie

in post: <
I was unaware that you could do that.

thats ok, i just make this shit up as i go anyway.
Can you provide a snippit of the style rule that changes an image's
source on hover?
http://moreshit.usenetshit.info/change-image-on-hover-thingy.shit

What is the level of support?

opera7+ and moz1.7+. moz1.6 or less (win) only on first or second
monitor[1].

not supported by IE and i'm too lazy to bother looking for a fix or an
alternative method.

[1] gecho1.6 (win) or less has a bug with anything that changes state.
it either doesn't appear to work or quickly flashes before returning to
the original state if the browser isn't on the primary or secondary
monitor. it includes the browser GUI itself, not just the web pages.

Jeff Thies

I was unaware that you could do that.

Cute trick. Worked in my IE5 windows.

Background image switch. No absolute positioning.

I tried it with a background image and setting the link img visibility:
hidden on hover. Worked, but flickered like crazy. That might have been
useful otherwise.
What is the level of support?

opera7+ and moz1.7+. moz1.6 or less (win) only on first or second
monitor[1].

How many monitors you got there?

I should probably give you the shirt off my back for the tip. It reads:

ELVIS is alive and living in my shorts.
Feel Him, 25cents

Cheers,
Jeff