mouseover (css)

Jochen Fuhrmann

Is there a way to define an area that is framed and the frame changes
the color if the mouse is inside the area? No javascript! The problem
is, that I want to display contents inside the frame, so the whole area
shouldn't be a link or something, because I need links inside the area
.... dogma-jochen

David Dorward

Jochen said:
Is there a way to define an area that is framed and the frame changes
the color if the mouse is inside the area?

:hover applies to all elements. Apply it to any block. (There is a bug in
MSIE, it only supports it on links).
No javascript! The problem
is, that I want to display contents inside the frame, so the whole area
shouldn't be a link or something, because I need links inside the area

So you want an area to change colour when pointed at, but it isn't an active
area? That isn't a good idea. A colour change says "CLICK ME!".

Jochen Fuhrmann

David said:
So you want an area to change colour when pointed at, but it isn't an active
area? That isn't a good idea. A colour change says "CLICK ME!".

i should get rid of the "click-hand" then, how do i do that :)