    Server software: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

    (no more ASP newsgroups?)

    Thanks
    Silviu Tudoras, Jul 25, 2003

  2. | I want to send a request through SSL and to receive the response non-SSL.
    Is
    | this possible?
    | I have a MFC LiveUpdate client application. I want to send the request
    (for
    | a file) cripted (https://...asp) but to receive the response (which could
    be
    | a big binary file) not cripted.

    As SSL encrypt underlying sockets (it's acronym for Secure Socket Layer),
    you can't encrypt request and response not. What you want is principially
    impossible.

    You must find some workaround. For example encrypt related data itself and
    use non-encryped connection. Or send two requests, one secured, which would
    return non-secured URL your client will use for download.

    --
    Michal A. Valasek, Altair Communications, http://www.altaircom.net
    Please do not reply to this e-mail, for contact see http://www.rider.cz
    Michal A. Valasek, Jul 25, 2003