Moving subwindows in curses does not seem to work

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mitko Haralanov, Oct 15, 2009.

  1. Hi all,

    I am attempting to learn curses programming and in the process have
    created a small curses ui program. I am currently working on the code
    which is handling resizing the terminal window.
    As part of the resizing of the terminal window, I have to resize and
    move some of the subwindows in my ui.
    However, it doesn't seem to be working (the following is printed out
    by my program into a logfile):

    Parent size (y,x): 42,159
    Height of subwin: 8
    subwin size (y,x): 7,159
    subwin coord (y,x): 35,0
    sibwin size (y,x): 1,159
    move to (y,x): 34, 0
    subwin coord (y,x): 35,0
    attempt resize to (y,x): 8,159

    As you can see, the subwin's coordinates within the parent window do
    not change before and after the move.

    I have not been able to find any information why this might be
    happening so if anyone could help, I'd be thankful.

    --
    Mitko Haralanov

    Mitko Haralanov, Oct 15, 2009