Mozilla client side validation

Robert Wagner

As a side note to me previous post, I thought I might post about how ASP.Net
does not detect the mozilla browser correctly. This means that archaic html
is used and some things are not even printed (like the client side
validation scripts). To fix this, find the browsercaps section in your
machine.config file and add the following somewhere in there:

<case match="^Mozilla/5\.0 \([^;]+;[^;]+;[^;]+;[^;]+;
rv:(?'version'(?'major'\d+)\.(?'minor'\d+)(?'letters'\w*))\) Gecko/[\d]+">
browser=Mozilla
version=${version}
majorversion=${major}
minorversion=${minor}
frames=true
tables=true
cookies=true
javascript=true
javaapplets=true
ecmascriptversion=1.5
w3cdomversion=1.0
css1=true
css2=true
xml=true
tagwriter=System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter
msdomversion=5.0

<filter match="^[ba]" with="${letters}">
beta=true
</filter>
</case>

There are two key things above, the first is the regular expression in the
first line that matches the elements in the UserAgent string. This works for
Mozilla 1.5b, but for others YMMV.

The other thing is "msdomversion=5.0" This will give you the client side
java script.