Mozilla XML multipart form problem

Mark

If I use Mozilla to post multipart form data that includes an XML
schema file with an extension of .xsd the Content-Type is
"application/octet-stream".

If I use an extension of .xml I get the Content-Type "text/xml" [which
is what I'm after].

Is this a known problem and is there another workaround besides using
the extension .xml?

Note that IE gets this correct and always uses the Content-Type
"text/xml".

Many thanks in advance for any answers!

Martin Honnen

Mark said:
If I use Mozilla to post multipart form data that includes an XML
schema file with an extension of .xsd the Content-Type is
"application/octet-stream".

If I use an extension of .xml I get the Content-Type "text/xml" [which
is what I'm after].

Is this a known problem and is there another workaround besides using
the extension .xml?

Note that IE gets this correct and always uses the Content-Type
"text/xml".

That has nothing to do with JavaScript so I am not sure why you ask here.
As for the problem I guess that Mozilla doesn't know which MIME type to
associate with the suffix .xsd and therefore chooses
application/octet-stream.