Msgbox with ASP

Jean Marie VIGNEAUD

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a Msgbox command on ASP langage which has
the same fonctionality of the msgbox command with Access 97.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Jean Marie.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jean said:
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a Msgbox command on ASP langage
which has the same fonctionality of the msgbox command with Access 97.

1. There is no such thing as "ASP Language". ASP is a technology which
allows the use of several scripting languages, including vbscript and
javascript
2. vbscript does have a MsgBox method (javascript has alert), but it is not
something you would want to use in server-side code (you may not even be
allowed to use it), given that there is unlikely to be anyone sitting at the
server's keyboard to close the message box. Of course, there is no reason
you can't use it in client-side code, but that is a topic for a client-side
newsgroup such as one of the .scripting newsgroups, or one of the newsgroups
with "dhtml" in their names.

Bob Barrows

Jeff Cochran

I would like to know if there is a Msgbox command on ASP langage which has
the same fonctionality of the msgbox command with Access 97.

If you're looking to pop open a MsgBox on the client, there's no
function in ASP for that. You can use client-side VBScript to do
this, and you could do something similar with JavaScript or even just
a new IE window, but these aren't ASP they rely on the client side of
the application. Try a client-side scripting group for help on this.

Jeff