MT32 Random Number Generator Block Mem Gen

Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Good Morning:

I am trying to use the MT32 random generator from the link below for my project (which required MT32 random generator input).

I followed the procedure provided by the author's link below:

http://www.ht-lab.com/freecores/mt32/mersenne.html

I then loaded the newly generated "vhd" and "mif" files into my project and result is no go.

I'm seeing the following warning messages:

WARNING:Simulator:238 - Binary dump for design unit BLK_MEM_GEN_V2_6 in library xilinxcorelib is out of date from its source file "K:/IP2_Jm.7/env/Databases/ip/export/rtf/vhdl/src/XilinxCoreLib/BLK_MEM_GEN_V2_6.vhd". The unit will not be loaded.
Codegen work/dpram624x1/dpram624x1_a: 0.50

The module will not get loaded and the output is garbage :-(

I suspected this is something due to Block Memory Generator 2.6 (When the author worked on this 2 yrs ago, it was only 1.1).

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
updates

Hi, I have some updates to this issue.

I was able to sucessfully generate and simulate "Single Port Block Memory" 6.2 with default configurations.

However, the Warnings only appear when I test "Block Memory Generator" cores.

Any ideas?