    resource file.

    What is the best way to acheive this with webforms ?

    Thanks

    Aussie Rules, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Hello Aussie,

    For building multi-lingual ASP.NET web application, it is also quite
    straightforward and convenient(especially in ASP.NET 2.0). Both winform and
    ASP.NET utilize the same underlying .net framework
    globalization/localication fundamentials.

    You can use ASP.NET designer to author the resource files(resx...) for
    different languages and put them in your web application. And you can use
    code or aspx tempalte to make the control display Text from the resource
    file(of a specified culture). Here are some web articles introducing the
    ASP.NET 2.0 globalization feature:

    #How to build Multi-Language Web Sites with ASP.NET 2.0
    http://forums.asp.net/p/1133355/1803641.aspx#1803641

    #Localization ASP.NET quickstart
    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/localization/localizatio
    n.aspx

    #How to build Multi-Language Web Sites with ASP.NET 2.0 and VS.Net 2005
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mosessaur/aspnetlocalization02042006
    165851PM/aspnetlocalization.aspx?ArticleID=96602e53-0fb1-44ec-a67b-1c68b05eb
    2e1

    Also, here is a kb article mentioend some other background info and issues
    that may also helps when you're dealing with multi-lingual development in
    web application:

    #Globalization issues in ASP and ASP.NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893663/en-us

    Please feel free to post here if there is anything else you wonder.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 5, 2007

  3. Hi Aussie,

    Have you got any progress or idea on this issue? Does the suggestion in my
    last reply help some?

    if there is any further questions, please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 9, 2007