Multi-level list generation

Steve

have you ever heard of editing quoted posts? read the group guidelines
for more on this. 291 lines of quote and maybe 100 lines of new stuff is
not a good ratio.

Yep, I agree absolutely. And I cringed when I posted all that 'stuff'.

Given the newbyness of the OP though, I wondered if it might make sense
to keep it all in one post......
also using named variables like that makes your solution unextendable
and hard to change. this should be done with anon hashes and such. and
there are many ways to do this.

:) See above....

I normally would NOT name all that nonsense in working code. In fact I
would avoid constructing a data hash by hand like the plague. That is
what code is for.

But again...

My thinking was that if the OP was struggling to understand references,
compacting/simplifying the code down might not help the matter.

I've been known to be wrong, though.....

thanks,

\s

Uri Guttman

have you ever heard of editing quoted posts? read the group guidelines
for more on this. 291 lines of quote and maybe 100 lines of new stuff is
not a good ratio.

also using named variables like that makes your solution unextendable
and hard to change. this should be done with anon hashes and such. and
there are many ways to do this.

uri