Multi-Resolution/Scale Vector/Array

Nordlöw

Does anyone know of a multi-resolution/scale vector/array
implementation in C++ preferrebly using templates?

Thanks,
Per Nordlöw

Francesco S. Carta

Does anyone know of a multi-resolution/scale vector/array
implementation in C++ preferrebly using templates?

There seems to be a vast and variegated field of application for such
kind of vectors, could you describe which are the desired
characteristics and features?

I'm not at all experienced in this field, the purpose of my question is
to get further input to refine the search on the Internet, since the
subject seems interesting to me.

Nordlöw

There seems to be a vast and variegated field of application for such
kind of vectors, could you describe which are the desired
characteristics and features?

I'm not at all experienced in this field, the purpose of my question is
to get further input to refine the search on the Internet, since the
subject seems interesting to me.

I'm mainly interested in algorithms for multi-scale signal and image
processing.

/Per

Francesco S. Carta

I'm mainly interested in algorithms for multi-scale signal and image
processing.

I don't know if it is already among your references, but in the
following page:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cil/v-source.html

there is a paragraph mentioning that the "Texture Synthesis and Analysis
by Rupert Paget [...] uses a multiscale approach [...]"

The link in that page is broken, the material it refers to can be found on:

http://www.texturesynthesis.com

There are a lot of links accessible through the links I mentioned -
although many of them aren't strictly related to this very subject, they
might lead to other useful resources.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Francesco S. Carta

I'm mainly interested in algorithms for multi-scale signal and image
processing.

I don't know if it is already among your references, but in the
following page:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cil/v-source.html

there is a paragraph mentioning that the "Texture Synthesis and Analysis
by Rupert Paget [...] uses a multiscale approach [...]"

The link in that page is broken, the material it refers to can be found on:

http://www.texturesynthesis.com

Forgot to specify that with "material" I meant "C++ source code" too -
have a look to the download section of the last link above.