    to support group joins and not (source,group) joins. Am I missing
    something or should I be looking for another module?

    Thanks
    bergenpeak, Sep 14, 2009

  2. bergenpeak

    Steve C Guest

    bergenpeak wrote:
    > Is there a perl module which enables an application to perform an
    > (s,g) join? IO:Socket::Multicast and IO::Socket::Multicast6 only seem
    > to support group joins and not (source,group) joins. Am I missing
    > something or should I be looking for another module?
    >
    > Thanks

    Looks like its not supported, but it also doesn't look too hard
    to copy the existing mcast_add / mcast_drop routines and create
    mcast_add_source / mcast_drop_source with the additional
    parameter. Microsoft has good docs on programming multicast.
    Linux also supports SSM but of course has no up-to-date docs.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms739173(VS.85).aspx

    You can be a contributor! Send your code to the module author
    when you're done.
    Steve C, Sep 15, 2009