Multilanguage dotnetfx.exe Installer?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jon Finch, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Jon Finch

    Jon Finch Guest

    Is is possible to create a multilanguage version of the dotnet framework
    installer?

    For example could I uncompress dotnetfx.exe to a directory then patch it
    with a couple of language packs and rebuild it so that if people with a
    French locale would see French text/prompts or people with a German locale
    would see German text/prompts..

    I don't want to have to do a silent install and then add a language pack as
    I think many of our users would think that our installer had hung..

    Any ideas? I need to make an application installer that will install my app
    and the dotnet framework (if necessary) into 14 different languages, but I
    can only find the dotnet installer in 1 language at a time then I have to
    add the language packs seperately..

    Thanks,

    Jon

    Jon Finch, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Jon Finch

    Greg Arnits Guest

    I believe this is by-design for VS7.1. Is this the version you are running?

    Greg Arnits, Oct 24, 2003