Multilanguage dotnetfx.exe Installer?

Jon Finch

Is is possible to create a multilanguage version of the dotnet framework
installer?

For example could I uncompress dotnetfx.exe to a directory then patch it
with a couple of language packs and rebuild it so that if people with a
French locale would see French text/prompts or people with a German locale
would see German text/prompts..

I don't want to have to do a silent install and then add a language pack as
I think many of our users would think that our installer had hung..

Any ideas? I need to make an application installer that will install my app
and the dotnet framework (if necessary) into 14 different languages, but I
can only find the dotnet installer in 1 language at a time then I have to
add the language packs seperately..

Thanks,

Jon

Greg Arnits

I believe this is by-design for VS7.1. Is this the version you are running?