Multimedia and ASP NET

Miso

Hello.

Please, where should I start
if I want to snap photos from the web camera connected via usb
and show them in my ASP NET web application ?

I found web cameras on the internet and there the situation is like this

string uri = "";

uri = "http://***.***.***.***/CameraImages/cam***.jpg";

// load a bitmap from a Web response stream

WebRequest req = WebRequest.Create(uri);

WebResponse resp = req.GetResponse();

Stream s = resp.GetResponseStream();

Bitmap bmp = new Bitmap(s);

But I want to use the usb and manually
from the web application
press the trigger to acquire the photo.

Thanks.

miso

Nils Magnus

It seems you already have a grip around the ASP.NET-coding needed, so this
doesn't seem like an ASP.NET issue. Keep in mind that the user your web
application run as needs privileges enough to take pictures with the USB web
cam.

Try searching the web for code to take pictures with USB webcams.

Regards,
Nils Magnus