Multimedia and ASP NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Miso, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Miso

    Miso Guest

    Hello.

    Please, where should I start
    if I want to snap photos from the web camera connected via usb
    and show them in my ASP NET web application ?

    I found web cameras on the internet and there the situation is like this

    string uri = "";

    uri = "http://***.***.***.***/CameraImages/cam***.jpg";

    // load a bitmap from a Web response stream

    WebRequest req = WebRequest.Create(uri);

    WebResponse resp = req.GetResponse();

    Stream s = resp.GetResponseStream();

    Bitmap bmp = new Bitmap(s);

    But I want to use the usb and manually
    from the web application
    press the trigger to acquire the photo.

    Thanks.

    miso

    Miso, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Miso

    Nils Magnus Guest

    It seems you already have a grip around the ASP.NET-coding needed, so this
    doesn't seem like an ASP.NET issue. Keep in mind that the user your web
    application run as needs privileges enough to take pictures with the USB web
    cam.

    Try searching the web for code to take pictures with USB webcams.

    Regards,
    Nils Magnus

    Nils Magnus, Aug 17, 2006