Multiple font sizes in single .ASP Table cell

coleenholley

HI All :)

I don't know if I will be able to do this type of formatting, but what I
need to do is have a table row where the text wraps (This is easy) the first
line of text is font size 10 pt and the second (wrapped text) is 6 pt. I
know how to create a style sheet to get all of my font one size or the
other, but does any one have any suggestions on how to do this?

Line 1: font size 10pt>Hi, My name is Coleen<font size 10 pt
Line 2: font size 6pt>I need this to be small like a footnote<font size 6pt

Both lines need to be in the SAME table row/cell...

TIA if any one can help, I really appreciate it :)

Coleen

Guest

Use span elements, as in

coleenholley

Thank you - I didn't know you could do that in ASP, only in HTLM...beginner's luck - Thanks!

coleenholley

Well, I tried Span, it does NOT work with ASP .Net -- any other suggestions? I'm looking at RowSpan, but have never used it before. Do you have any links to examples of how this might work? Thanks for your help :) Coleen

Jerry III

Use :first-line pseudo element in your style sheet. Unless of course it's
you who's wrapping the text, then just put the first line in a span or div
element and set the style on that...

Jerry

coleenholley said:
HI All :)

I don't know if I will be able to do this type of formatting, but what I
need to do is have a table row where the text wraps (This is easy) the first
line of text is font size 10 pt and the second (wrapped text) is 6 pt. I
know how to create a style sheet to get all of my font one size or the
other, but does any one have any suggestions on how to do this?

Line 1: font size 10pt>Hi, My name is Coleen<font size 10 pt
Line 2: font size 6pt>I need this to be small like a footnote<font size 6pt

Both lines need to be in the SAME table row/cell...

TIA if any one can help, I really appreciate it :)

Coleen
Community Website: http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/newsgroups/

coleenholley

I tried using Span, but you can not use a span element inside an ASP table row...if there is a way to do that, do you happen to have an example? Thanks for your help :) Coleen