Multiple font sizes in single .ASP Table cell

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by coleenholley, Jan 20, 2004.

  1. coleenholley

    coleenholley Guest

    HI All :)

    I don't know if I will be able to do this type of formatting, but what I
    need to do is have a table row where the text wraps (This is easy) the first
    line of text is font size 10 pt and the second (wrapped text) is 6 pt. I
    know how to create a style sheet to get all of my font one size or the
    other, but does any one have any suggestions on how to do this?

    Line 1: font size 10pt>Hi, My name is Coleen<font size 10 pt
    Line 2: font size 6pt>I need this to be small like a footnote<font size 6pt

    Both lines need to be in the SAME table row/cell...

    TIA if any one can help, I really appreciate it :)

    Coleen

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component - Posted from .NET's Largest Community Website: http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/newsgroups/
    coleenholley, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Use span elements, as in

    =?Utf-8?B?am9uLWpvcg==?=, Jan 20, 2004

  3. coleenholley

    coleenholley Guest

    re: RE: Multiple font sizes in single .ASP Table cell

    Thank you - I didn't know you could do that in ASP, only in HTLM...beginner's luck - Thanks!

    ---
    coleenholley, Jan 21, 2004
  4. coleenholley

    coleenholley Guest

    re: RE: Multiple font sizes in single .ASP Table cell

    Well, I tried Span, it does NOT work with ASP .Net -- any other suggestions? I'm looking at RowSpan, but have never used it before. Do you have any links to examples of how this might work? Thanks for your help :) Coleen

    ---
    coleenholley, Jan 21, 2004
  5. coleenholley

    Jerry III Guest

    Use :first-line pseudo element in your style sheet. Unless of course it's
    you who's wrapping the text, then just put the first line in a span or div
    element and set the style on that...

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Jan 21, 2004
  6. coleenholley

    coleenholley Guest

    re: Re: Multiple font sizes in single .ASP Table cell

    I tried using Span, but you can not use a span element inside an ASP table row...if there is a way to do that, do you happen to have an example? Thanks for your help :) Coleen

    ---
    coleenholley, Jan 21, 2004