"multiple" forms and validation

Chris

I have a form which contains two different groupings of controls and
buttons. If it were asp I would post to separate processing pages. My code
works fine except for the validation. I need to disable the validation for
some controls depending on which button is pressed. The grouping of controls
are in placeholders. It would be nice to say ignore the validation for
placeholder1 when button x is pressed. How do I do this this. Regards,
Chris.