multiple ParseChildren

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mariusz, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Mariusz

    Mariusz Guest

    Hi
    I have a problem with parsing children controls of control. I have control
    that have 2 children lists that must be parsed. But when I add second
    ParseChildren attribute then I have error 'multiple Parse.....'. I'm using
    version with name:
    ....ParseChildren(true,"Tabs"),ParseChildren(true,"Actions")].
    When I use ParseChildren(true)] instead then I got error "Type
    'ListFilter.Filter' does not have a property named 'cc2:FilterTab'.". So I
    change the name of the tag to the name of the property - and once again I
    have error "Type 'ListFilter.Filter' does not have a property named
    'cc2:Tabs'.". There is also an option of setting ParseChildren to false but
    then all childrens are added as a literal controls to the parent Controls.
    This is also very bad because I'm not going to parse them manually.
    So - is there a way to call ParseChilderen with names of multiple property
    names? I would like to call for example something like this
    ParseChildren(true,"Tabs","Actions"). Maybe someone have idea of how to
    archieve something like this.

    Regards
    Mariusz

    Mariusz, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Mariusz

    Smokejumper Guest

    I have a similar problem were I inherited from tabstrip (Microsoft's
    IEWebControls) to created a custom control of my own. If tabitems are added
    from the properties pane then my class gets and error "Type
    'MyControlsLibrary.Custom.Web.UI.MyTabStrip' does not have a property named
    'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab'.

    But if the Tabs are added programtically using
    MyTabStrip1.Items.Add(tabitem) which is an inherited class from mybase all
    works correctly. So I'm pretty sure All I need to do is expose and parse the
    Child Tab or Tabitems that I find under my control.

    Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

    Tom

    Smokejumper, Dec 23, 2004