Multiple scopes for one occurence in XTM-TopicMaps

Discussion in 'XML' started by Armin Wagenknecht, May 4, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    i am modelling a TopicMap, and I have the following problem:

    I want to use two scopes in the topicmap for one occurence which has
    to satsify BOTH scopes!!

    Example:

    I have the textdocument "behaviour in school" which is only valable
    for school-buildings in the State of California.

    Scope-Topic: California
    Scope-Topic: school-building

    Occurence-Topic: textdocument

    This Code covers only the scope "California" (anotherone would cover
    only the scope "school-building"):

    <topic id="example" >

    <baseName>
    <baseNameString>
    EXAMPLE
    </baseNameString>
    </baseName>
    <occurrence>
    <instanceOf>
    <topicRef xlink:href="#textdocument"/>
    </instanceOf>
    <scope><topicRef xlink:href="#California"/></scope>
    <resourceRef xlink:href="c:\data\behaviour_in_school.txt"/>
    </occurrence>

    I would be very happy if someone have a solution for this problem.

    Armin Wagenknecht, student at TU Darmstadt, Germany

    Armin Wagenknecht, May 4, 2004